Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My First Blog!!

Okay, so I've been reading a few blogs here and there, and finally decided that I'm going to start my own. I've been wondering what to write about in my blogs, like the day to day things I do, the things I try to cook, or my new passion, PHOTOGRAPHY! It dawned on me to start a blog about the pictures I've been taking, and the adventures that lead me to these pictures. I am using my boyfriend's dad's camera that he got when he was 19 years old. That makes this camera older than dirt!! No, but it is over 30 years old!! Its a 35mm Minolta camera. My boyfriend has been using it for decoration at his house for a while now, and I decided I'm going to see what needs fixed on it to make it work. Turns out, it only needed batteries! As soon as I found that out, I ran out and got some batteries and film, and started shooting away. I had no idea what I was doing, or how the camera even worked. After I sat down and read the manual a few times, and played around with the camera, I went out and took a few pictures. Sure enough, some turned out pretty good! There's still so much for me to learn about this camera, but for now, I'm happy with what I know.....

This is one of the first pictures I took! It's my boyfriend and I's chocolate lab's wet paw prints on the deck after running in the grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment